Hotel in Korean
How to pronounce hotel in Korean
Here are some of the most basic Korean phrases to get you started. Further on in this lesson we will look at the pronunciation of these and more Korean phrases.
- Do you have any rooms available? - 방 있어요? - Bang itsuyo?
- Do you have a room for tonight? - 오늘 밤 빈방 있어요? - Oneul bam been bang itsuyo?
- Yes, we have rooms available. - 네, 방 있어요. - Ne, bang itsuyo.
- No, unfortunately we have no rooms available. - 죄송하지만 방이 없네요. - Jwesong hajiman bang ee upneyo.
- We’re full. - 빈 방 없어요. - Been bang upsuyo.
- For how many people? - 몇분이세요? - Myut boon iseyo?
- For how many nights? - 몇일 묵으실건데요? - Myut eel moogeushil gundeyo?
- How much is it per night? - 하루에 얼마에요? - Haroo e ulmayeyo?
- How much is it per week? - 주당 얼마에요? - Joodang ulmayeyo?
- How much per person? - 일인당 얼마에요? - Eel in dang ulmayeyo?
Do you have any rooms available?
오늘 밤 빈방 있어요?
Oneul bam been bang itsuyo?
Do you have a room for tonight?
The receptionist may respond…
네, 방 있어요.
Ne, bang itsuyo.
Yes, we have rooms available.
죄송하지만 방이 없네요.
Jwesong hajiman bang ee upneyo.
No, unfortunately we have no rooms available.
빈 방 없어요.
Been bang upsuyo.
The availability of a room may depend on the number of people staying, and how long you’re planning to stay. The receptionist may ask:
Myut boon iseyo?
For how many people?
Myut eel moogeushil gundeyo?
For how many nights?
Or you can go ahead and ask:
Haroo e ulmayeyo?
How much is it per night ?
How much is it per week?
Eel in dang ulmayeyo?
How much per person?
Room costs differ depending on the number of people sharing the room. Express the number of people in your party by using the counter –boon.
Now, let’s specify how long you’re planning to stay:
[...] 동안 머물건데요.
[...] dong-an mumool gundeyo.
I am going to stay for […]
Eel bak iyeyo.
The receptionist may also ask whether you want a single, shared or double room, and whether you’d like a Western-style or Korean-style room. The following words are used to describe types of hotel rooms:
[...] ga joketsuyo.
I would like a […]
Dok bang / sing-geul room
같이 쓰는 방
Gachi tseuneun bang
Ee in shil
Let’s learn how to ask how much it will cost for your choice of room, for a specified duration.
일인실 이틀에 얼마에요?
Eel in shil eeteul e ulmayeyo?
How much is a single room for two nights?
이인실 하루에 얼마에요?
Ee in shil haroo e ulmayeyo?
How much is a double room for one night?
Some hotels charge per room, others per person. Here are some possible answers you might hear…
Haroo e ship man won iyeyo.
That costs 100,000 won per night.
Eel in dang oh man won iyeyo.
That costs 50,000 won per person
이인실은 일인당 십오만원이에요.
Ee in shil eun eel in dang ship oh man won iyeyo.
A double room costs 150,000 won per person.
일인실은 하루에 팔만원이에요.
Eel in shil eun haroo e pal man won iyeyo.
A single room costs 80,000 won per night
That’s all for this lesson. See you for the next edition; it’ll be packed with all sorts of good learning!
Anyoung hee gaseyo!
Reinforce your learning from this lesson with the Rocket Reinforcement tools! Improve your knowledge and retention of the Korean you learn!